Thursday, June 23, 2011

Oh my goodness, how long has it been since I have sewn something?

(Seems like months!)
Somehow in the past two days I snuck in a little sewing time...
probably because the garden is planted,
it has rained each day (no watering needed to be done),
the house is clean and the laundry is done.

Every day while I am out doing tasks around the farm,
I envision what type of apron would be the perfect "can-do" 
apron for farmgirls of all types.

Inspired by my beloved chickens,
(I love the cheerful chicken and sunny side up egg fabrics.)
I came up with this everyday-chore-apron,
with ample and deep pockets....
perfect for bringing in the day's garden fare,
or for collecting eggs,
or even for holding lots of clothespins while hanging the laundry.
There's even a small pocket sewn in to the side for a cell phone.

I can think of tons of uses each and every day!
This one is for sale HERE,
but I think I'll have to make another just for me!

10 comments:

Julie Harward said...

It's so darling! I love chickens too and this is so very cute! :D

Nina Suria said...

hello Beverly dear
love ur apron, love ur garden project and I love everything. Thanks for sharing that ideas

Junebug said...

Cute, cute, cute. I haven't been in my sewing room for months now. Maybe you've given me a little inspiration!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Cute apron! Just saw your post on baking -- that chocolate cake sounds amazing. Have bookmarked it to try at a later day. Best wishes for a fabulous Friday. Tammy

Katmom said...

Does mending the trim on a vintage pillow case count as "getting some sewing time in"? lol!
I did sign up for an apron swap for July,,,so now I get to have an excuse (like I need one) to go peruse the fabric shops in search of the 'perfect' fabric for the apron.
I've been itchin' to get stitchin'...
Apron Hugz
>^..^<

Katmom said...

Oh & p.s.,,,, I LUV the huge pockets,,,,
I can see all kinds of grandbaby toys stashed in them! lol!
hugz

This N That said...

So that's where all the rain has gone..We're are sorely lacking..Darling apron and, yes, you too should have one.

Maura @ Kisiwa Creek Photography said...

Good Morning Again Bev,

Two blogs??!! My gosh how do you find time to do TWO of them...I've been struggling with just one lately. I've only had to look at a couple of your posts on here but I can tell all ready I'm going to love it. Hope your weather is good and you're enjoying that beautiful deck of yours. Take care.
Maura :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for one more greet post. Keep rocking.

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

Hi Beverly,

I agree..this is a perfect apron for so many things. I really like it. Thanks so much for coming over to follow my new blog. I have my big post up for the Where Bloggers Create party this year. Drop by if you can find a spare moment...I really need to email you and catch up.

Pink Sparkles,
Stephanie Suzanne ♥
Queen of Dreamsz

Related Posts with Thumbnails