Thursday, June 12, 2008

Quick Projects

Ok, I will let you in on a little secret. I LOVE CLOTHES! That being said though, I must clarify. I am an extremely frugal shopper and shop outlets or Marshalls or TJ Maxx, However, if I can make something rather than buy it, even better. I have always loved accessories....shoes, belts, jewelry, bags, etc. What is more fun than dressing in a funky outfit and having just the right accessory to accompany it! That is perhaps what drove me to learn to make jewelry and bags. I found a cute madras belt(top belt in picture) in the J. Crew outlet the other day. Then I remembered that I had seen madras fabric at our local JoAnns. I picked up a quarter yard of each fabric that they had and quickly whipped up two more belts (bottom two in picture)....pastel madras and pink patchwork...for pennies on the dollar.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi

Love your fabric art.Just thought it apt to let you know that you can get all the madras fabric you're ever going to need at: http://store.fabrics-textiles.com/

Best,
BUD

Anonymous said...

I saw that madras at JoAnns..would make a cute bag..love madras

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

Those are so cute and I love those fabrics.

Related Posts with Thumbnails