Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Devil's Food Recipe

I had a request for the recipe for Devil's Food Cake from scratch. This is the recipe I used to make the oreo cookie cake (which by the way, was quite yummy!) The pans were a splurge from Williams Sonoma. They come in a set of two....and look exactly like an oreo cookie!

1 1/2 C. flour
1 1/4 C. sugar
1/2 C. cocoa
1 1/4 tsp. soda
1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
1 tsp. salt
2/3 C. butter (of course!!)
1 C. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs

Mix dry ingredients in mixing bowl. Add butter and 3/4 C milk. Beat on medium speed for about 2 minutes. Add 1/4 C. milk, vanilla and eggs. Beat 2 more minutes. Pour into 2 greased cake pans and bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes.

I made a butter cream/cream cheese frosting...just like grandma...without a recipe....so it is hard to write one down (I don't measure). I use 1 stick butter, 1/2 of an 8 oz. cream cheese (softned) vanilla, a dash of salt, a splash of milk and confectioner's sugar....adding until it is the right consistency.

Bon Apetit!!

1 comment:

Autumn said...

Adorable box!!! The gift-ee will LOVE it !!!

Tell me more about the pans! I have the cake and frosting recipe but what about the pan???? This cake is cute as well as yummy sounding.

Related Posts with Thumbnails