Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Raggedy Me

For the past couple of weeks I have devoted every spare moment to finishing that Raggedy Ann quilt that I started much earlier this year. It was a special order for a friend. Her daughter's bedroom is decorated with Raggedy Ann. She had furnished me with a piece of wallpaper border and asked if I could make a quilt to match. Timing was not the best however, and we got very involved with building our log home. So the quilt was on the back burner for several months.
Now, after keeping my nose to the grindstone, I could finally call Julie and tell her that her quilt is finished! Complete! Done! Finit! YAY!!!!!!! I am happy with the end result.
AND.....I am so excited to start some other projects. Hopefully I will be back to blogging regularly with little projects and ideas to share with you.

Here is the final pics of Raggedy Ann.
A red button sewn in the middle of each red section (this is a space where four corners converge).
And now, Good Night Raggedy Ann......I am dragging Raggedy me to bed.....my fingers and my eyes are tired. Tomorrow is another day....and a whole world of crafting ideas awaits me! After all, Christmas is coming.....so much to do!!

5 comments:

Julie said...

Oh me, oh my! This is more adorable than I could have imagined. It is going to match Zoe's bedroom to a T! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you dear Bev. Hmmmmmm....matching curtains would look cute! Teee heeee. Just kidding!

countrynmore said...

Bev. you are so talented. The way that you went from taking the Raggedy Ann and Andy border to making the applique of Raggedy Ann and Andy, and then the quilt I am in awe. I had wondered what became of the quilt. You are reminding me of the quilt I have yet to finish, which was started last year.

Joyce St John said...

That is awesome! Yes, you are very talented. Any little girl would love to have a quilt like that. I like the idea of the buttons. Beautiful work.

Bonne said...

That turned out so cute!! I can't imagine that your building project would have consumed any time......ROFL!! OMG, those dealings with contractors.........arghhh!!!Can we say, "high blood pressure"??

Ruth said...

It came out wonderful.

Ruth

Related Posts with Thumbnails