Monday, November 16, 2009

Christmas Bedding

This year I have decided to really do Christmas decorating on the farm in a big way. I have decided to finally do what I have always longed to do....make up each of the beds in a Christmas theme. My lavender guest room presents quite a challenge. After searching high and low for a quilt that would blend well with the lavender and also with Christmas, I gave up the search. There just is not a lot of Christmas quilts to be found, and none in the right colors. Since I don't have enough time left to make my own quilt, I settled on a loden green coverlet and I will accessorize the bed with pillows of the right colors. I started digging through my fabric stash and found some Santa squares and some fabric and set to work making pillows. This pile of bedding and pillows will transform my shabby chic lavender bedroom into a shabby Christmas room in a couple of weeks.
Glittered Putz houses and mercury glass will complete the transformation.
This pillow will find a home on the chair in that room.

5 comments:

Carol............. said...

Oh, those pillows are putting me into the holiday spirit! Great job.

JudiB said...

Oh Bev I love it..great idea. I am sure the house will look incredible when your finished. I hope you will post some pictures.

Katmom said...

oh good, I see my room is almost ready for me...lol!
Love the Loden Green infused w/lavender.....how did you know!?!? giggle giggle!
hugz, oh,,, and when are you coming over to help me decoarte my home?
>^..^<

Unknown said...

Love the ideas for the room. I looked all over for something for the bed too. Maybe something in lavender and green for next year. I'll keep looking.

Ruth said...

They are great!! I love the old Santa images. I am sure your whole cabin will look perfect for the holidays.

Ruth

Related Posts with Thumbnails