Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Finishing the Old.....Making Way For the New

I have had Malphi's Flower Pickin Pinny neatly tucked away in my sewing room for the past two years. It was always one of those projects that I planned to get to when everything else of importance was finished. But then, as you all know, there is something else that takes precedence and that one project that is just for you gets put on terminal hold. Yesterday, for some reason, I just decided to make the Pinny....and except for a little handwork on the bias binding, I am almost finished. Here it is so far......(I will model it when it is totally done.)
The fabric is a wonderful embroidered linen from England. All of the seams are French seams, so there is no unfinished edges anywhere on it. I had a great time embellishing it with vintage crocheted laces. It is so feminine and frilly...perfect for serving our holiday dinners!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your aprons. The one that you are currently working on is beautiful with the neutral colors. I have recently been attracted to aprons and actually have a couple hanging in my kitchen now! Thanks for joining the Dec. 5th blog party. I'm finally back after the computer break down and will add you to the list.
Denise

shayna said...

This is so beautiful and classy, I think I would wear it everyday and everywhere, soo perfect for the Holidays

Bonne said...

Oh, my, how elegant it is! I've been patiently waiting for this. ;)

Autumn said...

ELEGANT indeed!!! What a treat for the eyes!! I can't wait to see you wearing it!!!
Good girl!!!!

Katmom said...

Oh Wowzers! I can hardly wait to see the finished apron.
Happy Turkey Day to you & your family.

Ruth said...

It looks so beautiful!! I can't wait to see it when you model it. I love Malphi!!

Hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Ruth

Anonymous said...

So pretty..very elegant..lots of detail work..can't wait to see it finished...

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I am sure the finished piece is gorgeous as the materials used are so elegant. Can you please come organize my kitchen? Every drawer and cupboard is a mess. I need to get rid of everything I'm not using, which is a lot. I love all your crafty projects. Best wishes to you, :) Tammy

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!! You did a great job! Hey, Deb and I made some of the paint can containers today. I got a few tin buckets and used them too. You have to see how you inspired us--they're on my blog!! Happy Thanksgiving!

Glo said...

This is gorgeous! I can tell you put a lot of attention on the details. All french seams...love it!! The bias binding is stunning as are the vintage laces!

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

Oh, Malphi designs are fabulous!! That English style is just divine.

Related Posts with Thumbnails