Monday, April 19, 2010

Beautiful Monday

We are home!
Home is more wonderful than I ever imagined.
What a stark contrast last week was to this week.

I am still processing all that I experienced in Haiti.
I have tons of pictures to share...
and much writing to do.

I need some time for all of my thoughts and feelings to crystalize.
When that happens, I have another blog page that I will post my
thoughts and pictures about our most incredible (albeit difficult)
trip to Haiti.

But for now, I am so glad to be here...
with wash blowing on the line.

I have a mile long list of chores to accomplish today.
One of which was to paint the clothesline poles to match the
adorable little bird houses on the top of each one.
The house is bursting with the aroma of
freshly cut lilacs.
And soon that smell with be joined with the smell of freshly baking bread.

Oh, you have no idea how glad I am to be home!

I have been filled with many emotions since returning home.  The people of Haiti haunt my thoughts and dreams.  They made their mark on my heart....forever.  Writing will be a good catharsis.  But that will be on another page....on another day.  

To all of you who sent me words of encouragement, prayers, and thoughts....thank you.
You have no idea how much that meant to me.


7 comments:

Junebug said...

Welcome home! Baking some bread today will help you settle back into your nest. Glad you are safe and sound. Take your time of digesting your trip. I have a couple of other friends who went and they still are mulling over their feelings. Again welcome home!

countrynmore said...

Welcome back. You were needed in Haiti, and I am glad that you had the opportunity to help out people who desperately need the help.

countrynmore said...

One more thing that I want to ad. Love the birdhouse design that is part of your clothesline.

Cathy said...

Blessings Bev.....I look foward to your thoughts.

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Welcome back Bev! Looks like you are counting your blessings in these photos. Love your clotheline polls!

Hugs,
Maryjane

Miri said...

Welcome home! Bless you and so many who are helping Haiti in so many ways!

Anonymous said...

birdhouses are adorable..I'd leave the poles natural...once you paint something, you have to maintain it!! (only a suggestion..not trying to tell you what to do!!..:)..).Probably too late anyway...

Related Posts with Thumbnails