Monday, January 5, 2009

Kitchen Creativity

Today was a busy day....many errands completed.
This, unfortunately left me no time to sew,
so I used my creative energies in the kitchen instead,
making a scrumptious dinner for Hubbs.
I thought I would concoct my own recipes tonight. Here is what I came up with.....

Grilled Chicken with Mango/Pomegranate Salsa

1/2 cup chopped,fresh pineapple

1/4 cup chopped,fresh mango

1/4 cup fresh pomegranate

1/4 C. chopped fresh cilantro

3 Tablespoons chopped red onion

2 tablespoons chopped serrano pepper

salt and pepper

juice of 1/2 lime

Combine above ingredients and serve on top of grilled chicken. I marinade my chicken first in a local Greek Dressing and then cook on my Cuisinart griddle/grill (works like a George Forman grill....locks in the juices). I served this with a spinache salad with avocado slices, pomegranate, almond slices and dressed with sesame seeds and a fresh French Herb Vinaigrette. Paired with Simi Russian River Chardonnay....this dinner was fabulous!

French Herb Vinaigrette

1/4 cup red wine vinegar

1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil

2 T. fresh lemon juice

1 t. sugar

salt and pepper

2 cloves of garlic....minced

1 tsp. fresh thyme

1 tsp. fresh parsley

1 tsp. fresh chopped rosemary leaves

Enjoy......this meal is so fresh and bursting with flavor and anti-oxidants....yummy and healthy, too.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails