Friday, January 25, 2008

The Big Green Monster and Other Sad Tales


I know you are eager to see the sewing machine that I brought home from Pittsburgh. I suppose I am still in a state of shock over it! I am not sure what I expected, but what I knew was: that I was going to pick up an industrial machine that could potentially handle the felted wool that I need to assemble. This is a picture of the machine in the back of E's car. First of all, let me tell you that sucker was HEAVY! and although calling a sewing machine "ugly" seems blasphemous to me....I have to say it is UGLY. So, we load it in the back of my Element and home I drive...all the while wondering if I have made a huge mistake. (I think I might have.) The sad thing is this...the presser foot lifts no higher than my home machine... and I am unable to fit two pieces of heavy felted wool between the presser foot and the table. Well, at least the day was a beautiful one for the drive and I so enjoyed E's company. Her children are adorable. We had dinner together and visited for a while and that made the trip worth it!

1 comment:

Tina Leavy said...

well, one thing you can do with a machine like that is to be able to sew upholstery type fabric..the machine looks alot like the type of machine my folks used to use when they did upholstery work. you can also sew denim with it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails