Thursday, May 1, 2008





A couple of months ago the view from my kitchen window was this.
Today the view is this. That very same tree that was shrouded in ice is now covered with blossoms and newly unfurled leaves.



Every year around this time I am utterly amazed at the transformation of our world from Winter to Spring. In early March, when I am growing tired of the monochromatic greyish landscape, I briefly feel a twinge of fear that perhaps this will be the year that Spring never comes. This may seem like an unimaginable circumstance, but Jack and I have discussed writing a book about just that subject....a scientific mystery/thriller based on the idea that for some reason, one year, Spring just does not arrive. The world stays brown and grey...no new life emerges. Scarey stuff, isn't it?

4 comments:

Memaw's memories said...

Sometimes I think winter is so dull so that we will appreciate the new life that comes with spring.

Love the baby herons from yesterday's post.

Anonymous said...

scarey but wonderful

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Hi, I just love flowering trees and I always get "spring fever" way before spring gets here. Your book idea is wonderful. And there has been a rumor of seasons disappearing, maybe because of global warming. I read that somewhere on the net. It would be so sad to never have different seasons. Good luck! blessings, Kathleen

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Please write a book! I would buy 1,000 of them to give to others to share! I remember when you posted your winter window picture and I LOVED it! Now I LOVE the new season you are enjoying from your wonderful window! Love, Maryjane

Related Posts with Thumbnails