Saturday, May 17, 2008

No sewing today....I spent the day in my gardens. I planted more corn, more radishes (and harvested a handfull of radishes that I had planted earlier), scarlett runner beans, yellow lemon cucumbers, eggplant, and 12 gourd vines of various type. While I was down on my hands and knees planting a gourd vine, I happened upon this little fellow. He was quite bold and allowed me to get very close to him. It probably helped that Maddie, my Newfie was on his other side. I am sure he figured that of the two, I was the least threatening! See how he puffs his chest and holds up his beak as if to say "Go ahead, Lady, take my picture!".


I believe he is a baby tree sparrow. His family have taken residence in one of the bluebird boxes we hung on the garden fencepost.

4 comments:

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

OH, Bev...what a sweet, sweet picture! I just the birdies :o)

Sian said...

What a scruffy fellow! But very cute with it

Anonymous said...

kinda looks like a robin...I'm surprised Maddie didn't step on him

Leanne said...

what a cute little thing he is!

Leanne x

Related Posts with Thumbnails