Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Inspiration...

I have been holding onto a batch of quilting fabric that I bought to fashion a sunset. Ages ago I had taken a picture of one of the girls silhouetted against the most beautiful sunset of pinks, purples and oranges. My plan was to reproduce that picture in fabric and turn it into a quilt for her. But for some reason, I just have not gotten around to starting this quilt. It seems that Mother Earth has chosen to remind me of my tardiness lately. The last two evenings have produced the most incredibly beautiful sunsets I have ever seen. Though it is hard to capture their magnificent intensity digitally....I took a picture for you to enjoy. And yes, I will definitely get that quilt started!

1 comment:

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

I so agree with you! There is so much pretty color in the morning and evening sky and one can never quite capture the real beauty. So much inspiration can be found in nature. Have a great weekend, blessings, Kathleen

Related Posts with Thumbnails