Friday, November 21, 2008

First Snow

This is what I awoke to this morning...a winter wonderland. And it is still snowing. The first snow is my favorite. The feelings that stir in me are the same as when I was a child. It reminds me of hot chocolate, warm tea, days off from school, sledding, snowmen and of course Christmas. With all of my required work for the week complete, today I have the luxury of time on my hands. I will use it to make some Christmas gifts and probably complete my chicken quilt. A walk in the snow will be a treat for the dogs, too. Brrrrrrrr....I will have to bundle up.....but when I return home.......ah yes, hot chocolate!

2 comments:

KKJD1 said...

Oh the joy of snow. Please send some our way. I love snow and we hardly ever get any. Id sure love a white Christmas! Enjoy your free day and stay warm! Blessings, Karen

Holly said...

Much of the country have had their first snow in the last week. Oh the wonder of that first snowy morning! Wish they could all be like that! :>

~ Hearts ~

Related Posts with Thumbnails