Friday, November 21, 2008

I Love Snow Days....

The weather report called for "flurries" today, but we have about 3 inches on the ground. It has continued to snow most of the day. What a wonderful day to stay inside and look out at the beauty! I took "the girls" out for a walk this morning....my, how they love the snow. They romped with such utter abandon...this is the weather they both were meant for. Maddie came back in the house carrying golf-ball sized snowballs on her leg feathers and sacked out for the rest of the afternoon. I got lots of sewing done....YAY!!! The chicken quilt is finished and I made a few kitchen towels. This evening I will start another project, too. After all, there is only a month left until Christmas....yikes!I had fun quilting this piece and got a bit creative. I sewed the word "Egg", in cursive, over and over in the red striped border. In the black, chicken wire border I sewed the word "Chicken" several times.

Appliqued tea-pot kitchen towel

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

you made the most of your day..very productive..wish I had your talent..beautiful things

Katmom said...

You just amaze me with your talents....I am also envyous(in a good way)...I want to be snuggled on the sofa in a little cottage, with my fur babies, and a needle work project in my lap. Oh wait, I have the furbabies, & projects,,, even the weather, just haven't got the time(yet) to work on my gazillion projects, but soon as the snow really hits,,,you can find me in my craft room stitchen & relaxing.
Your Hen Quilt turned out so very cute. And, so clever to stitch "chickens" into your quilt.
Hugz to you & "the girls"...
>^..^<

smoothiejuice's hectichousehold said...

bev...you have been a busy girl..i know, when are you not! great quilted chicken, table runner, tea towel, grief, there are 3 of you. great stuff, i am so happy for ya!

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

More beautiful creations Bev! Seems like you always have so much fun doing them!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hugs,
Maryjane

Kim said...

Those are beautiful, Bev, and would look lovely in any kitchen :)

Kim x

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

Bev, I love that teapot applique! The chicken quilt is great too. :0)

Hugs, Steph

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

What a good way to spend a snowy day! Your work is beautiful. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! blessings, Kathleen

KKJD1 said...

Love the finshed chicken quilt and the towel is so pretty you do the greatest crafts! Blessings, karen

Lisa Brawner said...

you have such a creative mind !

Darls said...

Oh, that chook quilt looks great!

I've been searching for the Egg fabric everywhere in Sydney Australia with no luck. So any chance you'd know where I could get some in the States?

Thanks - enjoyed looking at your works! Fab!

Cheers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails