Thursday, July 24, 2008

In Another Life

It has always seemed to me that I must have lived another life as a pioneer/cowgirl. I am drawn to the types of pastimes that a woman of those days would have done... deriving much pleasure out of needlework, and gardening, and preserving the food I have grown. I am even drawn to the fashions of those bygone days and would feel quite at home in bloomers, petticoat and prairie dress with apron. Once a month I would hitch up my horse to the family wagon and head on into town for staples such as flour, sugar, molasses and whatever else we needed to get by. Then I would return home and use the flour sacks to fashion myself a new prairie dress. I would spend my days herding the cattle and tending the gardens. Some days I would make time for making soap or doing the laundry by washboard or churning the butter. Although this lifestyle seems like hard work, it is so much less complicated than life in 2008...and possibly more satisfying.

To celebrate the cowgirl in me I made this apron to match my pink cowgirl boots.












Yee Haw! Now I better go rustle up some breakfast!! Ya'll have a great day!

9 comments:

Katmom said...

YeeHaw!, now them thar's sum mighty purdy boots 'n apron lil missy!
Yous keep up the good work, cuz I'll be back t'marry ta sez what's ya'll have created next!(giggle giggle)
kitty hugz,
>^..^<

Memaw's memories said...

I love the apron. I would have never thought to put the two together, but it is great.

I probably wouldn't cook in those fancy boots though.

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

Oh how adorable!!! Yep, you captured the spirit for sure...love the pink boots. :o)

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

I just love the apron and boots! I know exactly how you feel, I always feel a connection to pioneer things, and the more simple way of life back then. Not such hurry and hustle. Have a great weekend. Blessings, Kathleen

Bonne said...

gads!! I must get that fabric!!! Is it still available and can I afford it? LOL!! Just fabulous!!!!!

Tina Leavy said...

ok now I just love this apron..how adorable and with pink cowgirl boots..yeehaw for sure...just too darn cute!

Anonymous said...

you can use those pink boots to ride that pink bike..(rather than a pink pony)

Kim said...

Fabulous apron, Bev, you are sooo clever, and yes, I have a feeling I lived before in simpler times too :)

Kim x

My Artful Heart said...

Hi Bev,

I LOVE those pink boots and the cowgirl apron too :-)So darn CUTE!

Farmgirl Hugs!

Related Posts with Thumbnails