Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas 2009

I thought I would share a few pictures of our Christmas dinner with you. We had a wonderful holiday...spending time with our kids, our parents, our friends...a truly magical time.

Ordinarily, I use a tablecloth to set a holiday table. However, this year we opted for no tablecloth as we love the rich warm wood of our dining table. So, instead, I used gold chargers beneath my china. Napkins with gold thread and gold Christmas Crackers completed the setting.
Christmas Crackers are a tradition in our house, and each of us wears the crown that is inside our cracker.
We also take turns going around the table sharing the joke that is included in each cracker. Each cracker also has a toy prize inside....the best was a tiny water pistol!
Have you ever seen Christmas tree cauliflower? I found this at our local farmer's market...it was grown locally. I couldn't bear to cut it up, so I steamed it whole and served it on a bed of carrot coins. This type of cauliflower is a bit sweeter than the white...I think this will become another of our traditions!
Preparing for the holidays took much of my time and energy these past two months. I am so looking forward to getting back to crafting and exercising my creative muscles! I hope to have lots of fun things to share with you over the coming months.

3 comments:

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

Hello Bev,

Your tablescape is beautiful and I love the idea of the crackers with the joke and toy. A really neat tradition. That Christmas Tree cauliflower is too cool. I've never seen it and if it's a bit sweeter it would certainly become one of my favorites. :0)

I must admit that before I read your second comment on my PiNk Saturday post I had a moment of fright attack me!

When "JACK" said, "It was all so lovely and he may just sit in that room one day.".....well....That's my first husband's name!!! hehehe LOL OMG, it's so funny how our mind can jump to those from the past.

Anyway, I had a great laugh over it!

Hugs,
Steph

Autumn said...

The tree cauliflower is so cool! Never heard of it. It looks just scrupmtious!
Sounds like lots of fun!
Blessings!
Autumn

countrynmore said...

Bev., the table looks terrific. Your family has some fun and wonderful traditions. Having the family around at the holidays is so important. Now, I have never seen a Christmas tree cauliflower before. I like the way that you displayed the cauliflower with the carrots.

Related Posts with Thumbnails