Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Crafting Fun...It's Party Time!

I thought I would take a break in the Christmas tour to share a few pictures of my latest crafting project. These are totally frivolous party crowns and hats.
Who wouldn't feel like Queen for a day in one of these?
Can you imagine a little girl's (or big girl's) birthday party with party hats that are completely over the top? What fun I had making these. The best part was putting all that wonderful crepe paper through my sewing machine to make the ruffled trims.
I had so much fun making these and I have so many more ideas. I am thinking it would be a blast to make these to sell for birthdays, anniversaries, showers, etc.....what do you think?

I have some wonderful exotic feathers that a blogland friend sent to me....I am thinking of incorporating a few of them into a party crown. Hmmmmmmm....the thinking cap is on!

10 comments:

Autumn said...

Delicious!!! These are just delicious!!!!!
Marilyn(my friendhere in town) made these a few years ago and they sold quite well!!!!

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Hello Bev!

You are having way to much fun since you settled in! Thses hats are darling!!! I love how you have decorated and now ready for Christmas! Can you believe another Christmas is here! Merry Christmas sweet Bev!

Hugs,
Maryjane

Anonymous said...

They're wonderful..the perfect "topping" to a party..You've done it again..your imagination should be bottled and sold...

countrynmore said...

You are so creative. These hats are so unique and really darling.

Bonne said...

Girl, some of the ideas you come up with are just so whimsically amazing!!! Love 'em!!

Unknown said...

I agree with all your friend's comments, simply adorable and over the top!

Glo said...

very, very cute! I love how unique they are! I think too that some exotic feathers in a crown would look
fantastic! Can't wait to see it!

Unknown said...

Queen for a day!! That could be me!! Love them to death.

vintagesue said...

hi bev....just found your blog! it is peaceful and very inspiring. love those crowns....they would even look really pretty on a christmas tree or a statue....lovely.
take care
sue

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

Too cute, Bev!

Crowns are all the rage these days...when I took on the name of Queen of Dreamsz way back when...no one was really making them..I've got journals full of my drawings of crowns...hopefully one day they will surface. :0)

I have so many things bursting forth right now in the way of creating...It has literally been years since I've felt this creative freedom. It seems to take years to settle again once major life changes take place. I believe we have finally arrived! :0)

Have fun...these crowns are the most whimsy I've seen you create...keep going...it's a blast to play like a little girl.

Hugs, Steph

Related Posts with Thumbnails