Monday, December 7, 2009

Christmas House Tour.....Part 5

It seems that this year, no room was exempt from a Christmas redecorating. Here is our little powder room that lies between out laundry/mud room and our Victorian guest room. It is an unusual triangular shaped room....an odd shaped area leftover when planning our kitchen. It ended up being the perfect size for a powder room. Normally it is decorated in lavender plants and all sorts of "bee" decor. For Christmas, however, it is home to vintage Santas.

On the vanity.....
on the wall shelf.....with red mercury glass balls.....
vintage prints on the walls.....
Have you noticed how most of my pictures have a golden glow? I try not to use a flash whenever possible. Living in a log home, I realize that we are always bathed in the golden glow of Eastern White Pine.
The wood makes our home warm and cozy....such a welcoming place to be!

4 comments:

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Beverly...
Good Morning Sweetie. I love the log house walls. They are so absolutely beautiful. They really do glow. I love the Santa collections and the old pics that you used in the powder room. So festive. I just love it. Thank you for sharing. People will be spending a little more time in the powder room just to look at the decor.

Love it. So beautiful. Please stop by and say hi. I love it when you do. Country hugs...Sherry

Anonymous said...

the golden glow is very warm and soothing..the powder room is darling..well done

Tricia said...

Your log home is so beautiful! You have done a wonderful job decorating. I have enjoyed reading some of your posts today. We are hoping to build a log home someday. We bought property up North on a small lake. It is inspiring to look at yours. And I really love those mitten ornaments - so cute! Thanks for sharing.

Smiles,
Tricia

Autumn said...

Beautiful BEV!!!!
Took me a few days to get here and take the tour but it was worth it!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails