Sunday, December 13, 2009

Don't Ignore Your Mother!


Just today I learned a valuable life lesson....don't ignore your mother.
If you do....it could get really ugly!
The mother that I am referring to is your sourdough starter.
Last year I received my "mother" in the mail from Ronna in Nevada.
I fed and watered my mother and she served me well.
She made delicious homemade English muffins and went into countless other bread recipes.
Then, we packed up our house and moved into our log home....and I ignored my mother.
Today Hubbs opened the garage refrigerator and said,
"Hey, Hon, what's in this green bowl?"
To which I said,
"My Mother, she's resting"
And he said,
"I think you better come check your mother!"
And this is what I saw......
To those of you who have your mother safely tucked away, resting....
Don't ignore her for too long....
She just might get ugly like this!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

now that's ugly

Rebecca P said...

Mother is showing her ugly side isn't she. Perhaps she didn't like being moved. ha ha

Rebecca P said...

Mother is showing her ugly side isn't she. Perhaps she didn't like being moved. ha ha

Autumn said...

I lost my first one just weeks after having it- our summers are sooo humid that I found out the hard way she can't stay out all the time down south. I do have another(thanks Ronna!) and so far so good!!! I have a back up in the freezer too!!!! :)

Anke said...

Wow, that's one ugly mother. I've had sourdough starter go bad on me before, but never like this...

Glo said...

Oh my!!!

smoothiejuice's hectichousehold said...

oh my that is gross.

Maryjane~Sweet Sassy Sadie Lee's Granddaughter said...

Oh Bev, that is so funny! I love the way you write for our enjoyment! To cute!

Hugs,
Maryjane

Related Posts with Thumbnails